Re: Logical Decoding Failover

From: Colin Morelli <colin(dot)morelli(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Venkata Balaji N <nag1010(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Logical Decoding Failover
Date: 2016-08-07 11:29:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Venkata,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately something like PgPool still won't
create the replication slots on all hosts, and record the LSN in a way that
is reusable on the secondary.

This sort of puts logical decoding at odds with HA, correct? In the case of
master failover, there's no way to: a) know where in the stream you read
to, or b) convert that to something that can be understood by a replica
that's about to be promoted.

Are there any scheduled improvements here either for 9.6 or 9.7?

Best,
Colin