Re: [HACKERS] Custom compression methods

From: Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Ildus Kurbangaliev <i(dot)kurbangaliev(at)gmail(dot)com>, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Custom compression methods
Date: 2019-07-01 10:47:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi, Thomas!

On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 1:22 PM Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 16, 2019 at 12:52 AM Ildus Kurbangaliev
> <i(dot)kurbangaliev(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > in my opinion this patch is usually skipped not because it is not
> > needed, but because of its size. It is not hard to maintain it until
> > commiters will have time for it or I will get actual response that
> > nobody is going to commit it.
>
> To maximise the chances of more review in the new Commitfest that is
> about to begin, could you please send a fresh rebase? This doesn't
> apply anymore.

As I get we're currently need to make high-level decision of whether
we need this [1]. I was going to bring this topic up at last PGCon,
but I didn't manage to attend. Does it worth bothering Ildus with
continuous rebasing assuming we don't have this high-level decision
yet?

Links
1. https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20190216054526.zss2cufdxfeudr4i%40alap3.anarazel.de

------