Re: output columns of \dAo and \dAp

From: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: output columns of \dAo and \dAp
Date: 2020-07-11 11:23:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 2:24 AM Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 10:03 PM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:
> > From the RMT perspective, if there is an agreed upon approach (which it
> > sounds like from the above) can someone please commit to working on
> > resolving this open item?
>
> I hardly can extract an approach from this thread, because for me the
> whole issue is about details :)
>
> But I think we can come to an agreement shortly. And yes, I commit to
> resolve this.

The proposed patch is attached. This patch is fixes two points:
* Adds strategy number and purpose to output of \dAo
* Renames "Left/right arg type" columns of \dAp to "Registered left/right type"

I'm not yet convinced we should change the sort key for \dAo.

Any thoughts?

------
Regards,
Alexander Korotkov

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Improvements-to-psql-dAo-and-dAp-commands.patch application/octet-stream 7.1 KB