Re: PostgreSQL 9.2 high replication lag

From: Ninad Shah <nshah(dot)postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Luca Ferrari <fluca1978(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Lucas <root(at)sud0(dot)nz>, "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 9.2 high replication lag
Date: 2021-07-23 16:47:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Version 9.2 is very old and has a lot of issues related to streaming
replication. Additionally, it is already EOL.

Furthermore, max_standby_streaming_delay has no relation with the streaming
lag. It's associated with queries conflicting with data. This parameter
will not speed up the WAL apply operation.

Kindly consider upgrading to a supported version.

Regards,
Ninad Shah