Re: XID formatting and SLRU refactorings (was: Add 64-bit XIDs into PostgreSQL 15)

From: Hamid Akhtar <hamid(dot)akhtar(at)percona(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(dot)riggs(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander(at)timescale(dot)com>, Pavel Borisov <pashkin(dot)elfe(at)gmail(dot)com>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, Maxim Orlov <orlovmg(at)gmail(dot)com>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Japin Li <japinli(at)hotmail(dot)com>, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>, Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, Ilya Anfimov <ilan(at)tzirechnoy(dot)com>
Subject: Re: XID formatting and SLRU refactorings (was: Add 64-bit XIDs into PostgreSQL 15)
Date: 2022-09-27 13:54:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 26 Jul 2022 at 21:35, Simon Riggs <simon(dot)riggs(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Jul 2022 at 12:29, Aleksander Alekseev
> <aleksander(at)timescale(dot)com> wrote:
> > Personally I didn't expect that
> > merging patches in this thread would take that long. They are in
> > "Ready for Committer" state for a long time now and there are no known
> > issues with them other than unit tests for SLRU [1] should be merged
> > first.
>
> These patches look ready to me, including the SLRU tests.
>
> Even though they do very little, these patches touch many aspects of
> the code, so it would make sense to apply these as the last step in
> the CF.
>
> To encourage committers to take that next step, let's have a
> democratic vote on moving this forwards:
> +1 from me.

This set of patches no longer applies cleanly to the master branch. There
are lots of
hunks as well as failures. Please rebase the patches.

There are failures for multiple files including the one given below:

patching file src/backend/replication/logical/worker.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 1089 (offset 1 line).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 1481 (offset 1 line).
Hunk #5 FAILED at 4009.
src/backend/replication/logical/worker.c.rej