Re: How to ALTER EXTENSION name OWNER TO new_owner ?

From: Melvin Davidson <melvin6925(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Colin 't Hart" <colinthart(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to ALTER EXTENSION name OWNER TO new_owner ?
Date: 2017-08-09 15:20:24
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 10:42 AM, Colin 't Hart <colinthart(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Why does
> ALTER EXTENSION name OWNER TO new_owner;
> not exist?
>
> I have a bunch of extensions that were installed by a role that I want
> to drop. So I thought I would do like I do for other object types:
> ALTER <object_type> name OWNER TO new_owner;
>
> But that doesn't exist for extensions. I also can't drop the extension
> and recreate it because other objects depend on it.
>
> What can I do?
>
> This is on PostgreSQL 9.3.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Colin
>

> --

*AFAIK, extensions do not have an owner. They just exist and are available
to everyone.*

*If you are having a particular problem (other than owner) with an
extension, it would be helpful to*

*post a script to illustrate that. You should be able to drop the role
without any problem. *

*If an error occurs, then please advise on that and include the exact
message.*

--
*Melvin Davidson*
I reserve the right to fantasize. Whether or not you