Use Dblink without column defination

From: Chirag Karkera <chiragkrkr102(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Use Dblink without column defination
Date: 2022-05-23 08:16:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Team,

Appreciate your time to look into this.

To select from another database I try to use dblink or fdw extension of
Postgres, like this:

mesods =>CREATE EXTENSION dblink;

CREATE EXTENSION

mesods => CREATE EXTENSION postgres_fdw;

CREATE EXTENSION

mesods=> select dblink_connect('conn_db_link','foreign_server') ;

dblink_connect

----------------

OK

(1 row)

mesods=> select * from dblink('foreign_server','select * from ods_sch.emp')
AS x(a int,b text);

a | b

---+---------

1 | Gohan

1 | Piccolo

1 | Tien

(3 rows)

This works fine when I specify which columns I want to select.

Is there something that postgres has without specifying the column names we
can fetch the data from dblink.

Awaiting your reply.

Thank you.

Regards,