Re: Documentation improvements for partitioning

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Corey Huinker <corey(dot)huinker(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Documentation improvements for partitioning
Date: 2017-02-10 08:00:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 10 February 2017 at 07:35, Amit Langote
<Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:

>> A final note, because I'm really familiar with partitioning on Postgres and
>> other databases, documentation which is clear to me might not be to someone
>> less familiar with partitioning. Maybe we want another reviewer for that?
>
> More eyeballs will only help make this better.

Given that we already have partitioning feature committed, we really
need to have the docs committed as well.

Without claiming I'm happy about this, I think the best way to improve
the number of eyeballs on this is to commit these docs as is.

For me, the most important thing is understanding the feature, not
(yet) discussing what the docs should look like. This is especially
true if other patches reference the way partitioning works and nobody
can comment on those patches because they don't understand

Any issues with that?

--
Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/