Re: Pglogical questions and problems

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Pglogical questions and problems
Date: 2016-04-13 08:38:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 12 April 2016 at 23:46, Joshua D. Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:

> So what am I missing?

Thanks for the bug report, but unfortunately the CF is now over and
pglogical is not in 9.6. So its a little late for reviews and bug reports.

I'm not sure of the exact status of pglogical now. It's has a good
reception outside of Hackers, but not much has been said here, so its
unclear whether it will be in 9.7. Obviously if its not got support and
will eventually be rejected for an alternate design, fixing the bugs won't
be worthwhile discussion on Hackers.

If we want this in 9.7, we'll need lots of people's support, design
commentary and assistance with bug fixing. So some exploration of whether
this is a pglogical issue, an origin issue or decoding issue would help a
lot, if you can provide that? Obviously, investigating every case is
difficult but we should be able to build up a library of test cases over
time to assist with that.

If we agree this is worth further work, I'll take responsibility for it in
9.7.

Anyway, who agrees with the overall design of pglogical and who does not?

--
Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
<http://www.2ndquadrant.com/>