Re: RPC via WebSockets.

From: Nikolay Samokhvalov <samokhvalov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dmitry Igrishin <dmitigr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RPC via WebSockets.
Date: 2020-01-18 02:54:06
Lists: pgsql-general

This is a very common task, definitely.

As for WebSockets, there is an addition to PostgREST, postgrest-websockets
https://github.com/diogob/postgres-websockets#readme

PostgREST is not only for "give me contents", you can write functions (in
any PL) and call them using POST /rpc/functionname.

There is also an attempt to build similar tool in Go (although I'm not sure
how popular and powerful it is): pREST https://github.com/prest/prest

Finally, there is a whole line of trendy and quite popular tools for having
GraphQL on top of Postgres, including but not limited to:
- PostGraphile https://github.com/graphile/postgraphile
- Hasura https://github.com/hasura/graphql-engine
- Prisma https://github.com/prisma/prisma