RPC via WebSockets.

From: Dmitry Igrishin <dmitigr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RPC via WebSockets.
Date: 2020-01-17 21:17:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello!

Who needs to talk to Postgres right from a WEB-browser via WebSockets? For
example, conveniently call storable functions/procedures?

Yes, i know about PostgREST. But I want to focus on RPC via WebSockets
without all these REST or "give me contents of that table by this URL"
stuff...

I'm thinking about writing an application which is simple to
install/deploy, simple to configure, with a connection pool built-in.
Ideally, one binary and one config in JSON format.

I need some feedback before start. So please don't hesitate to share any of
your thoughts/ideas/comments/scepticism here :-)

Thanks.