Logical replication and restore from pg_basebackup

From: Dmitry Vasiliev <dmitry(dot)vasiliev(at)coins(dot)ph>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Logical replication and restore from pg_basebackup
Date: 2019-02-11 14:39:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

What is the scope of logical replication if I cannot make recovery from
pg_basebackup?

in this example:
https://gist.github.com/vadv/e55fca418d6a14da71f01a95da493fae I get
logically unsynchronized data at the subscriber and publisher, but I'm not
told anything about it in the log.

Do I understand correctly that logical replication and recovery from
pg_basebackup are incompatible things?