connection failures on forked processes

From: Jim Popovitch <jim(dot)popovitch(at)replatformtech(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: connection failures on forked processes
Date: 2022-06-12 14:05:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello!

We are seeing connection failures when using "sslmode=require" on forked
connections. Attached is example code that makes 2 passes. The first pass
uses "sslmode=disable" and the second uses "sslmode=require". The first
pass completes successfully, but the second pass fails. I'm looking for
insight as to why this might be happening.

Note: we are very aware of the dev notes about forking, however know that
we are not sharing the forked connection, we simply open the connection in
the parent thread and then pass that to the child thread to use.

Thank you for any insight,

-Jim P.

Attachment Content-Type Size
pq-test.c text/plain 3.0 KB