postgresql server crash on windows 7 when using plpython

From: c k <shreeseva(dot)learning(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgresql server crash on windows 7 when using plpython
Date: 2011-08-09 14:54:19
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

Dear Friends,
For client requirements, I am testing postgresql 9.0.4 on windows 7 with
plpython. First I installed python 2.7 and then added python installation
path to windows PATH variable. Then installed postgresql from one-click
installer. Server started and every thing was ok. Then I go to create
plpythonu in a database. But it failed. After searching, I found that it
needs python 2.6. So I again installed python 2.6 and then dropped plpython
from database and created again. It was successful. Normal python functions
returning text etc. are working but when conatining

import sys
from uuid import getnode as get_mac
mac = get_mac()
return mac