State of our hosting page

From: Selena Deckelmann <selena(at)chesnok(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: State of our hosting page
Date: 2012-10-12 13:48:46
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

This is out of date:

http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_hosting/

Also, compared to the PostGIS list, our list seems oddly corporate and
lacking:

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiPostGISHosters

Perhaps the solution is to start a wiki page?

I did some searching in preparation for a talk, and found a few threads
like this:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1166208
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1186734

And some ranking sites like this:

http://www.hostcritique.com/hosting/postgresql/
http://www.hostindex.com/web/best/best_PostgreSQL_web_host.shtm

Are there other places to get this information? Does someone have time to
work on a wiki page to collect a current list of providers?

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com