Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit

From: Avinash Kumar <avinash(dot)vallarapu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Jeremy Finzel <finzelj(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit
Date: 2017-12-12 15:28:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

It takes a few hours to learn PostgreSQL and 1 second to remember, how to
quit from psql.
Surprised to see the depth of discussion on this.

It takes sometime for a person to explore or know about PostgreSQL and
install it.
Likewise, it takes him some more time to understand that there exists a
"psql" to connect to it.
He knows about psql because he searched it somewhere. Just a psql --help
(anybody uses help), should help me know much more about psql.
I think many people doesn't find it difficult to quit using \q.

I think its good to talk about or help with more features that helps a
production database.

Hope this discussion gets to a final conclusion soon :)

--
9000799060