Re: Commit Fest 2019-01 is now closed

From: Chris Travers <chris(dot)travers(at)adjust(dot)com>
To: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Magnus Hagander (magnus(at)hagander(dot)net)" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Commit Fest 2019-01 is now closed
Date: 2019-02-08 11:17:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 9:40 AM Tsunakawa, Takayuki <
tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com> wrote:

> From: Bruce Momjian [mailto:bruce(at)momjian(dot)us]
> > I am thinking we should see which items we really want for PG 12 _now_
> > and allocate resources/help to get them done, rather than being
> > surprised they didn't make it. I am glad we are in good shape with
> > CTEs, since that has been a long-requested feature.
>
> I want the partitioning performance to be comparable to a certain
> commercial DBMS, and Horiguchi-san's "protect syscache ..." to limit the
> upper size of syscache/relcache. Otherwise, our organization may be put in
> a difficult situation... Anyway, I recognize my colleagues and I also have
> to review others' patches.
>
> I'm sorry if I repeat what someone proposed in the past, but it would be
> nice if the CF app could show the number of modified lines (added +
> deleted) for each patch, e.g., the last line of diffstat command output.
> That would help young newbies to choose patches.

An important prerequisite here would be to list all patches on the most
recent email. Right now it just lists one so you have to follow the link
to the hackers list entry and look at each patch one at a time.

So if we could grab all attachments ending in .diff or .patch and list line
counts, that would be a welcome improvement.

--
Best Regards,
Chris Travers

Tel: +49 162 9037 210 | Skype: einhverfr | www.adjust.com