RE: Commit Fest 2019-01 is now closed

From: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Bruce Momjian' <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Magnus Hagander (magnus(at)hagander(dot)net)" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: 'Michael Paquier' <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Commit Fest 2019-01 is now closed
Date: 2019-02-08 08:40:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

From: Bruce Momjian [mailto:bruce(at)momjian(dot)us]
> I am thinking we should see which items we really want for PG 12 _now_
> and allocate resources/help to get them done, rather than being
> surprised they didn't make it. I am glad we are in good shape with
> CTEs, since that has been a long-requested feature.

I want the partitioning performance to be comparable to a certain commercial DBMS, and Horiguchi-san's "protect syscache ..." to limit the upper size of syscache/relcache. Otherwise, our organization may be put in a difficult situation... Anyway, I recognize my colleagues and I also have to review others' patches.

I'm sorry if I repeat what someone proposed in the past, but it would be nice if the CF app could show the number of modified lines (added + deleted) for each patch, e.g., the last line of diffstat command output. That would help young newbies to choose patches.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa