Re: BDR Selective Replication

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: swaxolez <willem(at)pcfish(dot)ca>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BDR Selective Replication
Date: 2015-04-27 01:45:16
Lists: pgsql-general

On 26 April 2015 at 23:52, swaxolez <willem(at)pcfish(dot)ca> wrote:

> I get the feeling I might want to wait for the next point release before
> deploying on anything other than a test platform. In the meantime, I'll
> play
> around and see how it works.

In the mean time, take a look at the rest of the documentation for the
coming version: http://bdr-project.org/docs/next/ . It's worth thinking
carefully about whether multi-master is right for you and understanding the
trade-offs involved with multi-master in general, and BDR in particular.

BDR's development is driven mostly by customer priorities. Currently we're
focused on improvements to dump and restore, DDL replication, and node
removal, plus some backporting of 9.5 versions of underlying features.

There's no current work planned on things like skipping DDL replication for
tables that are not in a replication set, table sync when replication sets
are changed, etc.