Re: So, can we stop supporting Windows native now?

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Josh berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: So, can we stop supporting Windows native now?
Date: 2016-03-31 01:04:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 31 March 2016 at 07:49, Josh berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:

> So, can we stop supporting Windows native now?

Why would we want to?

The cost is small. People use it. Things like integrated SSPI
authentication only work on native.

About the only issue I think it causes is with the build system. Which
isn't beautiful, to be sure, but is a burden carried mainly by those who
care about Windows support. If we eventually get a CMake build system
conversion that'll mostly go away too.