Re: Logical decoding - filtering tables

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: valeriof <valerio_farruggio(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Logical decoding - filtering tables
Date: 2017-01-03 09:20:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 3 January 2017 at 17:11, valeriof <valerio_farruggio(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote:

> My question is if there is a way to call some sort of initializer where I
> pass all the filtering data information beforehand, so that I can keep
> calling the pg_logical_slot_get_binary_changes without having to
> re-initialize this list all the time. If this is not possible, what other
> options could I use?

There isn't any such functionality at the moment. Each logical
decoding plugin is supposed to supply its own.

Take a look at how pglogical does it in its replication set handling
and relation metadata cache.

I would quite like to generalise this approach, but am currently more
focused on things that cannot already be done without core changes.