Re: Let file_fdw access COPY FROM PROGRAM

From: Craig Ringer <craig(dot)ringer(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Corey Huinker <corey(dot)huinker(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: Let file_fdw access COPY FROM PROGRAM
Date: 2016-09-06 22:53:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 7 Sep. 2016 02:14, "Corey Huinker" <corey(dot)huinker(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Having regression tests for this is extremely problematic, because the
program invoked would need to be an invokable command on any architecture
supported by postgres. I'm pretty sure no such command exists.

Your best bet will be using the TAP framework. There you can use Perl logic.

I'm not sure where to put such a test though. It doesn't really make sense
in src/test/recovery/ .