Re: Remove source code display from \df+?

From: Isaac Morland <isaac(dot)morland(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Remove source code display from \df+?
Date: 2023-01-23 02:50:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, 22 Jan 2023 at 21:37, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 22, 2023 at 08:23:25PM -0500, Isaac Morland wrote:
> > > Were you able to test with your own github account ?
> >
> > I haven’t had a chance to try this. I must confess to being a bit
> confused
> > by the distinction between running the CI tests and doing "make check";
> > ideally I would like to be able to run all the tests on my own machine
> > without any external resources. But at the same time I don’t pretend to
> > understand the full situation so I will try to use this when I get some
> > time.
>
> First: "make check" only runs the sql tests, and not the perl tests
> (including pg_upgrade) or isolation tests. check-world runs everything.

Thanks very much. I should have remembered check-world, and of course the
fact that the CI tests multiple platforms. I’ll go and do some
reading/re-reading; now that I’ve gone through some parts of the process
I’ll probably understand more.

The latest submission appears to have passed:

http://cfbot.cputube.org/isaac-morland.html

However, one of the jobs (Windows - Server 2019, MinGW64 - Meson) is paused
and appears never to have run:

https://cirrus-ci.com/task/6687014536347648

Other than that, I think this is passing the tests.