Re: Scariest patch tournament, PostgreSQL 11 edition

From: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Scariest patch tournament, PostgreSQL 11 edition
Date: 2018-06-25 23:50:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 6:52 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hackers,
>
> One month of beta testing has flown by, and enough bugs have already
> been reported that your view of what patches are scariest might have
> matured. You still have a few days before we close the contest at the
> end of the month. Let us know what patches you think are scariest:
>
> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeE20Zzny34U6cEk20HYlQN
> 9vsJzmT9maiLYCp1BdNHYvYCPA/viewform
>
> Thanks,

Is there a summary of the results of the previous rounds? I didn't see any
announcements of them. I've been trying to find some crash recovery
torture testing to do for v11 release, but can't find features to focus on
which might be scariest from a WAL perspective.

Cheers,

Jeff