a verbose option for autovacuum

From: Tommy Li <tommy(at)coffeemeetsbagel(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: a verbose option for autovacuum
Date: 2021-01-22 22:06:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all

I was surprised to see that there's no way to get `VACUUM VERBOSE`-like
output from autovacuum. Is there any interest in enabling this?

Additionally, is there any interest in exposing more vacuum options to be
run by autovac? Right now it runs FREEZE and ANALYZE, which leaves the
VERBOSE, SKIP_LOCKED, INDEX_CLEANUP, and TRUNCATE unconfigurable. I skipped
FULL in that list because I'm assuming no one would ever want autovac to
run VACUUM FULL.

Tommy