Re: Introduce join_info_array for direct lookups of SpecialJoinInfo by ojrelid

From: Richard Guo <guofenglinux(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Introduce join_info_array for direct lookups of SpecialJoinInfo by ojrelid
Date: 2023-09-06 09:10:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, May 8, 2023 at 10:30 AM Richard Guo <guofenglinux(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I'd like to devise a test query that shows performance gain from this
> patch, but I'm not sure how to do that. May need help here.

I've been trying for some time but still haven't been able to come up
with a test case that shows the performance improvement of this patch.
My best guess is that situations that can benefit from direct lookups of
SpecialJoinInfo are pretty rare, and the related codes are not in the
critical path. So for now I think I'd better withdraw this patch to
avoid people wasting time reviewing it.

Thanks
Richard