Determine last LSN before promotion?

From: Jeremy Finzel <finzelj(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Determine last LSN before promotion?
Date: 2018-09-17 16:38:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Is there any easy way to determine what the last LSN was prior to
promotion, except for (as I understand it), using pg_xlogdump on the
.partial WAL file after promotion and find the last LSN? Am I missing
something obvious?

The question I am trying to answer has to do with replication slots and how
to determine when new activity begins on the master just following the
promotion point on the standby.

Thanks,
Jeremy