Re: Code of Conduct plan

From: Chris Travers <chris(dot)travers(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Steve Litt <slitt(at)troubleshooters(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Code of Conduct plan
Date: 2018-09-17 17:15:28
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 6:08 PM Steve Litt <slitt(at)troubleshooters(dot)com>
wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Sep 2018 17:39:20 +0200
> Chris Travers <chris(dot)travers(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>

> > Exactly. And actually the first sentence is not new. The second one
> > is a real problem though. I am going to try one last time at an
> > additional alternative.
> >
> > " To that end, we have established this Code of Conduct for community
> > interaction and participation in the project’s work and the community
> > at large. This code of conduct covers all interaction between
> > community members on the postgresql.org infrastructure. Conduct
> > outside the postgresql.org infrastructure may call the Code of
> > Conduct committee to act as long as the interaction (or interaction
> > pattern) is community-related, other parties are unable to act, and
> > the Code of Conduct committee determines that it is in the best
> > interest of the community to apply this Code of Conduct."
>
> Chris,
>
> Would you be satisfied with the CoC if the current 2nd paragraph of the
> Introduction were replaced by the paragraph you wrote above?

Yes. Or something like it. It need not be exact.

I recognize a need to be able to take enforcement to some areas off-list
activity, for what it's worth.

--
Best Wishes,
Chris Travers

Efficito: Hosted Accounting and ERP. Robust and Flexible. No vendor
lock-in.
http://www.efficito.com/learn_more