Re: Passing current_database to BackgroundWorkerInitializeConnection

From: Jeremy Finzel <finzelj(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: Passing current_database to BackgroundWorkerInitializeConnection
Date: 2018-03-30 22:16:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> What do you mean with "current database"? Before you
> BackgroundWorkerInitializeConnection() there is no such thing?

My module is based directly off the worker_spi example. The worker is
dynamically launched via SQL command. But in the worker_spi example, the
database postgres is just hardcoded as the database in which to start the
background worker process. Instead, I want to start it in the database in
which I run the SQL command.

Thank you!

Jeremy