Re: Doing better at HINTing an appropriate column within errorMissingColumn()

From: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Doing better at HINTing an appropriate column within errorMissingColumn()
Date: 2014-03-28 17:51:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 5:57 AM, Michael Paquier
> What about the overhead that this processing creates if error
> processing needs to scan a schema with let's say hundreds of tables?

It doesn't work that way. I've extended searchRangeTableForCol() so
that when it calls scanRTEForColumn(), it considers Levenshtein
distance, and not just plain string equality, which is what happens
today. The code only looks through ParseState.

--
Peter Geoghegan