Re: [HACKERS] Partition-wise aggregation/grouping

From: Jeevan Chalke <jeevan(dot)chalke(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>, David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Rajkumar Raghuwanshi <rajkumar(dot)raghuwanshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Partition-wise aggregation/grouping
Date: 2018-03-23 11:31:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Robert,

On pgsql-committers Andres reported one concern about test case failure
with installcheck with local settings.
(Sorry, I have not subscribed to that mailing list and thus not able to
reply there).

Attached patch which fixes that.

However, I am not sure whether it is expected to have stable regression run
with installcheck having local settings.
For example, If I have enabale_hashagg = false locally; I will definitely
see failures.

ISTM, that I am missing Andres point here.

Thanks

--
Jeevan Chalke
Technical Architect, Product Development

Phone: +91 20 66449694

Website: www.enterprisedb.com
EnterpriseDB Blog: http://blogs.enterprisedb.com/
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/enterprisedb

This e-mail message (and any attachment) is intended for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. This message contains
information from EnterpriseDB Corporation that may be privileged,
confidential, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are
not the intended recipient or authorized to receive this for the intended
recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution, retention, archiving, or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete this message.

Attachment Content-Type Size
fix_pwa_andres_concern.patch text/x-patch 2.8 KB