Re: Commitfest overflow

From: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(dot)riggs(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Commitfest overflow
Date: 2021-08-03 20:22:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 3 Aug 2021 at 11:56, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:

> I wonder if our lack of in-person developer meetings is causing some of
> our issues to not get closed.

That's an interesting thought. Every year there are some especially
contentious patches that don't get dealt with until the in-person
meeting which pushes people to make a call. However it seems like
that's only a handful and not really enough to explain the volume.

Unless people just find it easier to focus on reviewing in the days
leading up to the conferences and meetings. Fwiw I will have some time
set aside to do some patch reviewing coming up -- though I don't know
how much I can really help if the patches are the problem.

--
greg