Re: Implementing Incremental View Maintenance

From: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: Yugo NAGATA <nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Zhihong Yu <zyu(at)yugabyte(dot)com>, Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>, r(dot)takahashi_2(at)fujitsu(dot)com, vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Andy Fan <zhihui(dot)fan1213(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Implementing Incremental View Maintenance
Date: 2022-04-23 06:18:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I'm trying to figure out how to get this feature more attention. Everyone
agrees it would be a huge help but it's a scary patch to review.

I wonder if it would be helpful to have a kind of "readers guide"
explanation of the patches to help a reviewer understand what the point of
each patch is and how the whole system works? I think Andres and Robert
have both taken that approach before with big patches and it really helped
imho.