Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow!

From: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: "Gregory Stark (as CFM)" <stark(dot)cfm(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow!
Date: 2023-04-07 14:20:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

As announced on this list feature freeze is at 00:00 April 8 AoE.
That's less than 24 hours away. If you need to set your watches to AoE
timezone it's currently:

$ TZ=AOE+12 date
Fri 07 Apr 2023 02:05:50 AM AOE

As we stand we have:

Status summary:
Needs review: 82
Waiting on Author: 16
Ready for Committer: 27
Committed: 115
Moved to next CF: 38
Returned with Feedback: 10
Rejected: 9
Withdrawn: 22
Total: 319.

In less than 24h most of the remaining patches will get rolled forward
to the next CF. The 16 that are Waiting on Author might be RwF
perhaps. The only exceptions would be non-features like Bug Fixes and
cleanup patches that have been intentionally held until the end --
those become Open Issues for the release.

So if we move forward all the remaining patches (so these numbers are
high by about half a dozen) the *next* CF would look like:

Commitfest 2023-07: Now April 8
Needs review: 46. 128
Waiting on Author: 17. 33
Ready for Committer: 3. 30
Total: 66 191

I suppose that's better than the 319 we came into this CF with but
there's 3 months to accumulate more unreviewed patches...

I had hoped to find lots of patches that I could bring the hammer down
on and say there's just no interest in or there's no author still
maintaining. But that wasn't the case. Nearly all the patches still
had actively interested authors and looked like they were legitimately
interesting and worthwhile features that people just haven't had the
time to review or commit.

--
greg