Re: Commitfest manager for 2022-03

From: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Commitfest manager for 2022-03
Date: 2022-03-22 04:01:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 21 Mar 2022 at 21:48, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 2022-02-26 16:12:27 -0500, Greg Stark wrote:
> > I do have the time available. What I don't necessarily have is insight
> > into everything that needs to be done, especially behind the scenes.
>
> One thing that desperately needs doing, particularly during the last
> commitfest, is looking through CF entries and pruning stuff that shouldn't be
> there anymore or that are in the wrong state.

Thanks

> One can't just automatically mark all failing runs as "waiting on author"
> because sometimes there are issues with somebody else posting an incremental
> diff confusing cfbot or spurious test failures...

What I'm seeing is patches that are failing with either the
027_stream_regress.pl failure that I see is being actively worked on
in another thread or simply a timeout which I'm not sure but may be
the same issue?

But I'll do a pass and then do another pass later in the week when
those problems may have been ironed out.

--
greg