Re: Commitfest manager for 2022-03

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
Cc: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Commitfest manager for 2022-03
Date: 2022-03-22 01:48:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 2022-02-26 16:12:27 -0500, Greg Stark wrote:
> I do have the time available. What I don't necessarily have is insight
> into everything that needs to be done, especially behind the scenes.

One thing that desperately needs doing, particularly during the last
commitfest, is looking through CF entries and pruning stuff that shouldn't be
there anymore or that are in the wrong state.

I just went through the list of patches that are failing on
http://cfbot.cputube.org/index.html

There were several CF entries that haven't made progress in months marked as
"needs review", despite the last things on the thread being asks of the author(s).

One can't just automatically mark all failing runs as "waiting on author"
because sometimes there are issues with somebody else posting an incremental
diff confusing cfbot or spurious test failures...

If a patch fails to apply and it looks to be a "real patch" clearly some
action has to be taken by the author, so marking entries as "waiting on
author" is good.

Greetings,

Andres Freund