Re: GSoC 2017: weekly progress reports (week 6)

From: Shubham Barai <shubhambaraiss(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Andrew Borodin <amborodin86(at)gmail(dot)com>, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: GSoC 2017: weekly progress reports (week 6)
Date: 2017-08-09 15:30:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Hi,

Please find the updated patch for predicate locking in gin index here.

There was a small issue in the previous patch. I didn't consider the case
where only root page exists in the tree, and there is a predicate lock on
it,
and it gets split.

If we treat the original page as a left page and create a new root and right
page, then we just need to copy a predicate lock from the left to the right
page (this is the case in B-tree).

But if we treat the original page as a root and create a new left and right
page, then we need to copy a predicate lock on both new pages (in the case
of rum and gin).

link to updated code and tests:
https://github.com/shubhambaraiss/postgres/commit/6172639a104785f051cb4aa0d511c58f2bae65a6

Regards,
Shubham

<https://mailtrack.io/> Sent with Mailtrack
<https://mailtrack.io/install?source=signature&lang=en&referral=shubhambaraiss(at)gmail(dot)com&idSignature=22>

On 17 July 2017 at 19:08, Shubham Barai <shubhambaraiss(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am attaching a patch for predicate locking in gin index.
>

> Regards,
> Shubham
>

> <https://mailtrack.io/> Sent with Mailtrack
> <https://mailtrack.io/install?source=signature&lang=en&referral=shubhambaraiss(at)gmail(dot)com&idSignature=22>
>
> On 11 July 2017 at 19:10, Shubham Barai <shubhambaraiss(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> Project: Explicitly support predicate locks in index AMs besides b-tree
>>

>> I have done following tasks during this week.
>>
>> 1) worked on how to detect rw conflicts when fast update is enabled
>>
>> 2) created tests for different gin operators
>>
>> 3) went through some patches on commitfest to review
>>
>> 4) solved some issues that came up while testing
>>
>> link to the code: https://github.com/shubhambaraiss/postgres/commit/1365
>> d75db36a4e398406dd266c3d4fe8e1ec30ff
>>
>> <https://mailtrack.io/> Sent with Mailtrack
>> <https://mailtrack.io/install?source=signature&lang=en&referral=shubhambaraiss(at)gmail(dot)com&idSignature=22>

Attachment Content-Type Size
Predicate-locking-in-gin-index.patch application/octet-stream 33.7 KB