Re: Added missing tab completion for alter subscription set option

From: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2021-05-14 06:54:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 12:00 PM vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While I was reviewing one of the logical decoding features, I found
> Streaming and binary options were missing in tab completion for the
> alter subscription set option, the attached patch has the changes for
> the same.
> Thoughts?

+1.

Without patch:
postgres=# alter subscription testsub set (S
SLOT_NAME SYNCHRONOUS_COMMIT

With patch:
postgres=# alter subscription testsub set (
BINARY SLOT_NAME STREAMING SYNCHRONOUS_COMMIT

How about ordering the options alphabetically as the tab complete
output anyways shows that way? I'm not sure if that's the practice,
but just a thought.
Change:
+ COMPLETE_WITH("binary", "slot_name", "synchronous_commit",
"streaming");
To:
+ COMPLETE_WITH("binary", "slot_name", "streaming",
"synchronous_commit");

With Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.