Re: Added missing tab completion for alter subscription set option

From: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2021-05-14 13:20:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 12:25 PM Bharath Rupireddy
<bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 12:00 PM vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > While I was reviewing one of the logical decoding features, I found
> > Streaming and binary options were missing in tab completion for the
> > alter subscription set option, the attached patch has the changes for
> > the same.
> > Thoughts?
>
> +1.
>
> Without patch:
> postgres=# alter subscription testsub set (S
> SLOT_NAME SYNCHRONOUS_COMMIT
>
> With patch:
> postgres=# alter subscription testsub set (
> BINARY SLOT_NAME STREAMING SYNCHRONOUS_COMMIT
>
> How about ordering the options alphabetically as the tab complete
> output anyways shows that way? I'm not sure if that's the practice,
> but just a thought.

I did not see any rule for this, but also did not see any harm in
keeping it in alphabetical order, so changed it in the attached patch.

Regards,
Vignesh

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0001-Added-missing-tab-completion-for-alter-subscripti.patch text/x-patch 1.1 KB