Re: Comment typo in tableam.h

From: Ashwin Agrawal <aagrawal(at)pivotal(dot)io>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Antonin Houska <ah(at)cybertec(dot)at>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Comment typo in tableam.h
Date: 2019-06-04 01:21:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 5:26 PM Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for these!
>
> On 2019-06-03 17:24:15 -0700, Ashwin Agrawal wrote:
> > /*
> > * Estimate the size of shared memory needed for a parallel scan
> of this
> > - * relation. The snapshot does not need to be accounted for.
> > + * relation.
> > */
> > Size (*parallelscan_estimate) (Relation rel);
>
> That's not a typo?

The snapshot is not passed as argument to that function hence seems weird
to refer to snapshot in the comment, as anyways callback function can't
account for it. Seems stale piece of comment and hence that piece of text
should be removed. I should have refereed to changes as general comment
fixes instead of explicit typo fixes :-)