More than one Cluster on single server (single instance)

From: Daulat <daulat(dot)dba(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: More than one Cluster on single server (single instance)
Date: 2022-07-18 07:55:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello Team,

We are planning to create multiple clusters on a single server (single
instance) with PostgreSQL V.10 to run multiple applications.

I don't know if it is a good idea to use a single machine to run n clusters
but we are looking to minimize the cost of servers and other resources.

Please share your thoughts on this approach?

How can we create multiple clusters under a single postgres version?

How can we identify/allocate the resources to parameters like
shared_buffers, effective_cache_size, work_mem etc in case of multiple
clusters?

Thanks