Re: Need to Iterate the record in plpgsql

From: Sergey Konoplev <sergey(dot)konoplev(at)postgresql-consulting(dot)com>
To: "Yelai, Ramkumar IN BLR STS" <ramkumar(dot)yelai(at)siemens(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Need to Iterate the record in plpgsql
Date: 2012-09-04 09:56:49
Lists: pgsql-sql

If you do not need information about column types you can use hstore
for this purpose.

[local]:5432 grayhemp(at)grayhemp=# select * from r limit 1;
a | b | c
---+---+---
1 | 2 | 3
(1 row)

[local]:5432 grayhemp(at)grayhemp=# select * from each((select hstore(r)
from r limit 1));
key | value
-----+-------
a | 1
b | 2
c | 3
(3 rows)

The key and value columns here of the text type.

--
Sergey Konoplev

a database architect, software developer at PostgreSQL-Consulting.com
http://www.postgresql-consulting.com

Jabber: gray(dot)ru(at)gmail(dot)com Skype: gray-hemp Phone: +79160686204