Need to Iterate the record in plpgsql

From: "Yelai, Ramkumar IN BLR STS" <ramkumar(dot)yelai(at)siemens(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Need to Iterate the record in plpgsql
Date: 2012-08-31 14:55:50
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi All,

I am facing a issue in Iterating the RECORD.

The problem is, I would like to iterate the RECORD without using sql query, but as per the syntax I have to use query as shown below.

FOR target IN query LOOP
statements
END LOOP [ label ];

In my procedure, I have stored one of the procedure output as record, which I am later using in another iteration. Below is the example

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION test2()

Rec1 RECORD;
Rec2 RECORD;
Rec3 RECORD;

SELECT * INTO REC1 FROM test();

FOR REC2 IN ( select * from test3())
LOOP
FOR REC3 IN REC2 --- this syntax does not allowed by Postgresql
LOOP

END LOOP
END LOOP

As per the example, How can I iterate pre stored record.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramkumar