Re: POC: Lock updated tuples in tuple_update() and tuple_delete()

From: Pavel Borisov <pashkin(dot)elfe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander(at)timescale(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Mason Sharp <masonlists(at)gmail(dot)com>, vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: POC: Lock updated tuples in tuple_update() and tuple_delete()
Date: 2023-01-09 10:40:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi, Alexander!

On Mon, 9 Jan 2023 at 13:29, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 9, 2023 at 1:10 PM Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I took a fresh look at the patch and it LGTM. I only did a few
> > > cosmetic changes, PFA v7.
> > >
> > > Changes since v6 are:
> >
> > Thank you for looking into this. It appears that I've applied changes
> > proposed by Mason to v5, not v6. That lead to comment mismatch with
> > the code that you've noticed. v8 should be correct. Please, recheck.
>
> v9 also incorporates lost changes to the commit message by Pavel Borisov.
I've looked through patch v9. It resembles patch v5 plus comments
clarification by Mason plus the right discussion link in the commit
message from v8. Aleksander's proposal of Assert in v7 was due to
changes lost between v5 and v6, as combining connected variables in v5
makes checks for them being in agreement one with the other
unnecessary. So changes from v7 are not in v9.

Sorry for being so detailed in small details. In my opinion the patch
now is ready to be committed.

Regards,
Pavel Borisov