Re: Bogus documentation for bogus geometric operators

From: Pavel Borisov <pashkin(dot)elfe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: emre(at)hasegeli(dot)com
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bogus documentation for bogus geometric operators
Date: 2020-11-03 09:30:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> The subject is about the documentation, but the post reveals
> inconsistencies of the operators. Tom Lane fixed the documentation on
> the back branches. The new patch is to fix the operators on the
> master only.

Nice catch, thanks!
I agree that different operators should not have the same name and I'm
planning to review the patch soon. What are your ideas on the possibility
to backpatch it also? It seems a little bit weird that the operator can
change its name between versions of PG.
--
Best regards,
Pavel Borisov