Re: Git sources doesn't contain the INSATLL file?

From: tison <wander4096(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: daniel(at)yesql(dot)se
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Git sources doesn't contain the INSATLL file?
Date: 2023-06-08 11:14:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Daniel,

As a first-time developer I don't know how the released README / INSTALL
are generated. So it's quite unintuitive to find the README.git file.

I may expect an entry in README or a BUILD file when I obtain the sources
by git clone, while a conventional ./configure && make works so it may be
fine.

I don't know why we need a different README.git file and cannot include
INSTALL in the source cloned via git, so I cannot make suggestions here
because the obvious solution is 'mv README.git INSTALL'.

Best,
tison.

Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se> 于2023年4月7日周五 04:21写道: