Re: Inconsistency in reporting checkpointer stats

From: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Nitin Jadhav <nitinjadhavpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Inconsistency in reporting checkpointer stats
Date: 2024-01-20 02:40:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, 19 Feb 2023 at 15:28, Nitin Jadhav
<nitinjadhavpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> > This doesn't pass the tests, because the regression tests weren't adjusted:
> > https://api.cirrus-ci.com/v1/artifact/task/5937624817336320/testrun/build/testrun/regress/regress/regression.diffs
>
> Thanks for sharing this. I have fixed this in the patch attached.
>

> >> IMO, there's no need for 2 separate patches for these changes.
> > I will make it a single patch while sharing the next patch.
>
> Clubbed both patches into one.

The patch does not apply anymore, please post a rebased version of the patch :
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
src/backend/catalog/system_views.sql.rej
patching file src/backend/utils/activity/pgstat_checkpointer.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 52.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
src/backend/utils/activity/pgstat_checkpointer.c.rej
patching file src/backend/utils/adt/pgstatfuncs.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 1217 with fuzz 1 (offset 24 lines).
patching file src/include/access/xlog.h
patching file src/include/catalog/pg_proc.dat
Hunk #1 FAILED at 5680.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
src/include/catalog/pg_proc.dat.rej

Regards,
Vignesh