Re: pg_dump multi VALUES INSERT

From: Surafel Temesgen <surafel3000(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
Cc: Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_dump multi VALUES INSERT
Date: 2018-12-31 05:57:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 6:46 PM Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr> wrote:

> > At first i also try to do it like that but it seems the function will
> > became long and more complex to me
>
> Probably. But calling it with size 100 should result in the same behavior,
> so it is really just an extension of the preceeding one? Or am I missing
> something?

Specifying table data using single value insert statement and user
specified values insert statement
have enough deference that demand to be separate function and they are not
the same thing that should implement
with the same function. Regarding code duplication i think the solution is
making those code separate function
and call at appropriate place.

Regards
Surafel