Re: JSONPATH documentation

From: Steven Pousty <steve(dot)pousty(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: JSONPATH documentation
Date: 2019-09-23 19:10:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hey there:
Thanks for the education on the path spec. Too bad it is in a zip doc - do
you know of a place where it is publicly available so we can link to it?
Perhaps there is some document or page you think would be a good reference
read for people who want to understand more?
https://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/c067367_ISO_IEC_TR_19075-6_2017.zip

I am uncertain why JSONPath is considered part of the datatype any more so
than string functions are considered part of the character datatype
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/functions-string.html