Re: Declarative partitioning - another take

From: Rajkumar Raghuwanshi <rajkumar(dot)raghuwanshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Declarative partitioning - another take
Date: 2016-09-06 11:15:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I have applied updated patches given by you, and observe below.

here in the given example, t6_p3 partition is not allowed to have null, but
I am able to insert it, causing two nulls in the table.

--create a partition table
create table t6 (a int, b varchar) partition by list(a);
create table t6_p1 partition of t6 for values in (1,2,null);
create table t6_p2 partition of t6 for values in (4,5);
create table t6_p3 partition of t6 for values in (3,6);

--insert some values
insert into t6 select i,i::varchar from generate_series(1,6) i;
insert into t6 values (null,'A');

--try inserting null to t6_p3 partition table
insert into t6_p3 values (null,'A');

select tableoid::regclass,* from t6;
tableoid | a | b
----------+---+---